2020 PSI Online Conference

19 & 20 November 2020

For the first time in the Society's 50-year history, the PSI Annual Conference is going online! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the physical Conference has been cancelled but the Society is delighted to offer a modified online live event which will take place via Zoom. As well as the two-day live online event, Conference delegates will have the opportunity to watch almost 200 pre-recorded presentations on-demand via the PSI website. These on-demand presentations will range from three-minute poster presentations to 20-minute individual and symposia presentations. 

 

Registration for PSI members for the two-day online event is €20, with the non-member registration fee costing €50. The PSI Council opted to donate 90% of all delegate registration income amongst three charities, with the remaining 10% of income being put towards the cost of the online Conference. The three chosen charities that will benefit from delegates' registration are Women’s Aid, the Dublin Simon Community, and the Irish Cancer Society.

 

The programme outline is available below with additional information being available via www.psychologicalsociety.ie/conference. Book your place now so as not to miss out on this historical PSI event!

 

Thursday 19 November

10:30 Conference Opening
11:30 The Psychological Impact of COVID-19
Panel discussion with members of the PSI's Science & Public Policy Committee
12:45 Lunch break
14:00 Keynote
Prof. James O'Higgins Norman (more info)
15:15 50 Years of the PSI
Panel discussion with a number of PSI Past Presidents
16:30 President's Citation
The PSI President to present the first of two 2020 President's Citations
16:40 Peter Saville Award
PSI's Division of Work & Organisational Psychology (DWOP) to present the inaugural Peter Saville Award
17:00 Thursday's Highlights
Highlights of the day
   
20:00 SAG Quiz
PSI's Student Affairs Group (SAG) host the Conference quiz
 

Friday 20 November


10:30 Morning Welcome
10:45 Youth Mental Health
Panel discussion with Dr Tony Bates and Professor Barbara Dooley, moderated by SpunOut.ie CEO Ian Power
12:00 President's Citation
The PSI President to present the second of two 2020 President's Citations
12:15 2021 President's Address
Incoming PSI President Dr Megan Gaffney
12:45 Lunch break
14:00 Global Psychology
Panel discussion with the Dr Amanda Clinton (American Psychological Association), Dr David Murphy (British Psychological society) & Mark Smyth (Psychological Society of Ireland)
15:15 Keynote
Dr Ahmed Hankir (more info)
16:30 PSI Awards
Presentation of the PSI Member Awards, and the Professional and Student Poster Category Awards
17:00 Conference Closing

 

The PSI Team will provide Zoom details of the two-day live programme to all delegates in advance. The on-demand presentations will be available via a password protected section of the PSI website, for which delegates will also be provided details in advance. For any queries, please contact conference@psychologicalsociety.ie

Learning Credits: 8

Cost for two days

PSI Members: €20.00

Non-members: €50.00

To avail of the €20.00 member price you will need to be logged in as a member before purchasing your ticket.

BOOK NOW