The Division of Academics, Teachers and Researchers in Psychology promotes best practice in teaching and research in psychology by providing a forum for the sharing of knowledge and expertise among psychologists working in research and/or teaching fields.
Contact Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership of the Division of Academics, Teachers and Researchers in Psychology
Applicants for membership of the Division of Academics, Teachers and Researchers in Psychology must hold existing Graduate Membership of the Psychological Society of Ireland.
An applicant for Full Membership must fulfil one of the following conditions:
- Hold a doctoral qualification recognised by the Society AND have at least one years full-time, or equivalent, relevant experience as a teacher and/or researcher in psychology
- Hold a postgraduate qualification in psychology recognised by the Division Committee AND have at least two years full-time, or equivalent, relevant experience as a teacher and/ or researcher in psychology
Associate Membership of the Division is granted for a period of four years, after which time Associate Members should re-apply for Associate Membership or apply for Full Membership of the Division. Affiliate Membership is open to Graduate Members or other subscribers to the Society who fulfil one of the following conditions at the time of application:
- That they are students undertaking postgraduate training in psychology who also teach psychology
- That they are postgraduate students undertaking research in psychology for a research degree at the Masters or Doctoral level
- That they are working as a teacher and/or researcher in psychology and have been for a period of two years full-time or equivalent