The PSI encourages all practising psychologists to join the PSI and become Chartered Members.
Chartered Members can:
- Use the abbreviation 'C.Psychol. PsSI'
- Use the title 'Chartered psychologist'
- Download a PSI Chartered Certificate each year upon renewal
- Download and use the PSI Chartered Logo each year upon renewal
- Access the PSI 'Learning Section' to record and track CPD
- Advertise their services via the PSI website on the 'Find a Psychologist' page.
Criteria for Chartered Membership
In order to qualify for Chartership, you must first be a Graduate Member of the Society.
There are three routes towards gaining Chartered Membership:
1. The Doctoral Professional Qualification Route
2. The Doctoral Research Qualification Route
3. The Masters Professional Qualification Route together with Supervised Work Experience in Psychology
Click here to view the PSI Chartered Membership Guidelines.
How to apply
Ensure you are logged in as a member and click here . Select ‘Chartered Membership’ from the drop-down list and this will take you to the chartered application area, where you can download and submit the relevant documents.
Chartered Membership Application Fee is €220. This is made up of a €150 processing fee, plus the €70 chartered top up fee. Should the application not be approved, a refund of €70 is processed.
The annual Chartered Membership fee is €330
We also offer a free, first year, membership option for those with refugee/ asylum seeker/ international protection status. For information on the reduced rate, please see below.
Processing times for Chartered applications vary depending on the application pathway
- Processing times for Chartered applications of those with Non-Irish (RoI) qualifications in Clincal, Counselling and Educational Psychology who do not have Validation by the Department of Health is around 4-6 months. Please note that those with pending Validation applications should await the Validation result before making an application for Chartered Membership.
- Route 1 Chartered applications for those with a PSI-accredited postgraduate professional qualification at Doctoral level take on average 10 working days
- Average processing times for all other Chartered applications is between 10-16 weeks.
Processing can only begin once all required documents have been submitted.
Please note, that processing times may vary to the above depending on the complexity of the application and volume of applications.
Please ensure you are logged in as a member and click here to apply to upgrade your membership to Chartered