The PSI encourages all of our members to participate in both internal and external committees and working groups.
The PSI Guidelines for Nominees to External Committees can be viewed here
Protocol for processing calls for nominations from external agencies
- PSI receives a call for nominations.
- Request is sent to PSI President for review / approval regarding relevance and appropriateness.
- Once approved by the President the following process is activated.
- Invitation for expressions of interest (EOI) is emailed to all division and Special Interest Group (SIG) chairs, Council members and all chartered PSI members.
- PSI HQ receives and collates all EOIs and forwards them to the President.
- President forwards applications to Council for review and approval, deadline permitting.
- If the deadline is short, the President will forward applications to the Governance Team for review and approval.
- Once representatives are approved, the names are provided to the PSI HQ.
- PSI HQ will forward the approved representative’s information back to the agency requesting the nomination for consideration.
- Representatives are appointed by the PSI with clear guidance regarding PSI positions and regular reporting requirements to council.
A list of current external committees can be viewed below. If you have any queries or would like to get involved please contact Rachel Cooney, PSI Division Liaison and Committee Manager, by email: email@example.com
The National Clinical Programme for Obesity working group
National Screening Advisory Committee (NSAC) – Psychology
Statutory Parole Board
HSE Older Adult Advisory Committee
HSCP Disability Advisory Group Subcommittees
HSCP Integrated Musculoskeletal Service Pathway
EFPA - Standing Committee on Psychology and Health 2021 - 2023
EFPA - Standing Committees ON Education 2021-2023
HSE - Assisted Decision-Making
EuroPsy European Awarding Committee